Are you ready to be a part of a team that is positively impacting the future of work?
In preparation for its next phase of growth, Speakap is seeking to appoint a world-class VP of Finance. Working closely together with the company founders, Erwin van der Vlist and Patrick van der Mijl, this newly-created role provides an opportunity to join the management team at an exciting time in Speakap’s development. The VP Finance will play a central role in shaping the business plan and growth strategy, and will be instrumental in executing this plan.
The VP Finance will be responsible for building a best-in-class finance function and will bring industry-leading strategic thinking and financial expertise to the business. The VP Finance will act as a catalyst for change, identifying business improvement opportunities, and driving them through successfully. The VP Finance will also be expected to support the management team on laying out the company’s long-term business plan, recommending the optimal funding strategy and ensuring governance best practices are adhered to as the company grows rapidly from 85 people to a global industry leader.
Duties and responsibilities
- Financial operations management and management of capital
- Lead and develop the finance function, taking full accountability
- Manage and build a broader finance team over time
- Ensure appropriate structures are in place to service the business, maintain tight controls - drive continuous improvements, best practices, efficiencies and career development
- Support ongoing operations, as well as investment/growth projects, ensuring opportunities are maximized while safeguarding existing assets
- Manage external relationships with capital providers and oversee corporate financing
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and equity
- Responsible for investor relations including reporting to and meeting with investors
- New business and fundraising support
- Provide financial expertise on new business initiatives, including investment appraisal
- Board Level Budget and Cash management
- Provide Finance and Accounting leadership to the Board in order to pro-actively optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Deliver commercial support, challenge and advice to business on a broad range of finance, commercial and operational issues
- Manage the financial planning processes including preparation and delivery of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans
- Oversee production of management accounts, statutory accounting and ad hoc reporting
- Monitor and manage key SaaS KPIs and unit economics indicators that provide early notification of performance trends and illuminates potential commercial opportunities
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / BA qualified in Accounting or Finance (MBA is highly desirable)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is also highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in technology or online marketplaces
- Well-acquainted with high growth company financial dynamics and fundraising; ideally has led and completed multiple venture funding rounds
- High level of English proficiency (both oral and writing), and ideally a second language
- Experience with international expansion and implementing new route to markets
- Seasoned in transactions (acquisitions, capital raising, and disposals) and marketing transactions to the investor community
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Are an enthusiastic, highly representative team player with strong interpersonal skills and integrity, and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Have a strong sense of urgency and results orientation, and ability to handle high levels of pressure
- Have integrity and commitment to good governance
- Have the ability to translate financial information into commercially driven business ideas; ability to drive and implement change
- Have the ability to understand the detail, but remain focused on the wider strategic issues
- Thrive in an early stage, high growth business environment
- Have presence and aptitude to support and challenge the management team; credibility and gravitas to challenge the Board
Strategic Thinker - Play a pivotal role in the development of Speakap and its digital platform.
Effective Operator - Build a best-in-class finance function and team, with strong operational process and discipline, extending across all countries, departments and business functions globally.
Entrepreneurial and Agile - Ensure that the company maintains a dynamic, hands-on style in the leadership team following the “lean startup” model, with tight iterations and practicing fast-failing.
Charismatic Leader - Play a strong leadership role supporting the founders across the company as a mentor and influencer with shared responsibility for the overall success of the company.
SaaS Savvy - Passionate about B2B SaaS, and experienced with SaaS business model and metrics.
Purpose Driven - Reinforce the company’s passion and team to accelerate to a global leader.
Launched in 2011, Speakap is a fast growing business application used by hundreds of clients and hundreds of thousands of non-desk users every day. From small businesses to large enterprises in retail and hospitality, collaboration is happening everywhere. We currently have offices worldwide in New York, London, Amsterdam, Cologne, Brussels, Barcelona and Sao Paulo.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Speakap’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and most importantly a fun place to work!
Come do the best work of your life here at Speakap!
Up for the job?
Have what it takes to take Speakap to the next level? Apply now by sending us a cover letter and your resumé.
Acquisition by third parties is not considered, so please no inquiries.