Use your extensive knowledge of Objective-C and Swift to improve the Speakap iOS app, a complex completely native application relied upon by tens of thousands of users every day. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices and delight people by making the best software we can imagine. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features. This position reports directly to the CTO.
A Typical Week
- You’ll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features.
- You’ll collaborate with backend engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base.
- You’ll learn about new iOS technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems.
- You’ll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
- You’ll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,
fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift.
- Experience with modern iOS technologies.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with UIKit.
- Strong UI and design skills.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy.
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills.
- Experience with Carthage and other major open source iOS projects.
- Experience investigating and improving performance.
- Experience with threading, Core Data, and networking.
- Experience working with a team, especially a distributed team.
- Professional experience designing applications.
Speakap is a secure and private platform that enables organisations of all sizes to reach and engage with their highly-valued (frontline/customer-facing) employees in order to deliver greater customer experience and business value.
On the shop floor, in the kitchen, on the ward, on the road, or on the production line… Speakap is always available, enabling communication and collaboration from any internet-connected device. From the head office to the frontline employee, and back again.
Speakap is currently used by more than 300 companies in 27 countries around the world. Market leaders such as MediaMarkt, Rituals, McDonalds and Hudson's Bay all engage smarter through Speakap.
Creating a committed and diverse workplace where we learn from each other is central to Speakap’s values. We welcome people with different backgrounds, experiences, qualities and perspectives. We offer a friendly and welcoming workplace and believe wholeheartedly in equal opportunities for everyone.
Up for the job?
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated, so please don’t bother.