We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating great Android applications. Are you as comfortable composing efficient layouts that work well across various screen sizes and densities as you are debugging performance issues in the persistence layer? Then we need you!
You’ve been around for a few API levels and you know how to delight Android users. Use your extensive knowledge of building applications across a wide array of Android devices to make the Speakap experience on Android be the best it can possibly be. Speakap on Android is used by tens of thousands of people every day – we need engineers who want to make that experience as enjoyable as possible.
PLEASE NOTE - this is an open vacancy. We are not actively looking for candidates for this position, but always open to hear from talent like you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,fellowship, or work experience.
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their respective lifecycles.
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and programminglanguages.
- An excellent understanding of best practices for networking, concurrency and threading.
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of different Android API levels.
- Experience developing highly performant Java code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment.
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience.
- A familiarity with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking.
- At least four years of engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher.
- A passion for building and maintaining great open source projects or otherwise contributing to the Android community.
- Experience with web development, distributed systems and parallel processing.
Speakap is a secure and private platform that enables organizations of all sizes to reach and engage with their highly-valued frontline employees in order to deliver greater customer experience and business value.
On the shop floor, in the kitchen, on the ward, on the road, or on the production line… Speakap is always available, enabling communication and collaboration from any internet-connected device. From the head office to the frontline employee, and back again.
Speakap is currently used by more than 300 companies in 27 countries around the world. Market leaders such as MediaMarkt, Rituals, McDonalds and Hudson's Bay all engage smarter through Speakap.
Creating a committed and diverse workplace where we learn from each other is central to Speakap’s values. We welcome people with different backgrounds, experiences, qualities and perspectives. We offer a friendly and welcoming workplace and believe wholeheartedly in equal opportunities for everyone.
Up for the job?
For questions reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition by third parties is not appreciated, so please don’t bother.