With over 100 employees we change how frontline and office workforces work together. We have high expectations, not only of our platform and it’s integrations, but also of the people we work with. We love working smart and having fun while building software people actually want to work with and helping our customers in making work and collaboration easier. This is what we did before at companies like Zalando, Atlassian and Heineken. No matter where you’re from, we hope you’ll bring and share your expertise and dedication. Together we’re Speakap.
(Technical) Team Lead
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamTech
We’re a software company which provides a platform for company’s internal communications regarding messages, News, Tasks, Events and much more! Speakap is used by tens of thousands of people each day and we’ve helped more than 500 customers across the globe to change the way they connect, develop and communicate with their workforce, and it’s only the beginning!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Team Lead to lead our multidisciplinary development team: the Employee Journey team. Your main responsibility is creating an environment in which all tasks and objectives the team commits to can be accomplished, using your leadership qualities to drive the performance and to optimize the conditions in which the team and its individuals can be optimally effective, happy and engaged. 80 - 90% of your time you will be working on Team Lead responsibilities leaving about 10 - 20% of your time to help your chapter out.
Here are a few things we envision you will be responsible for until we learn otherwise:
- Creating happy and engaged teams
- Creating a healthy and fun team environment using Officevibe as a data point to start conversations in your team;
- Guiding your team trough their Evolution Cycles (personal growth);
- Participating in recruiting and interviewing process.
- Creating high performing teams
- Improving and reviewing key performance indicators for efficiency;
- SCRUM master responsibilities;
- Managing 1-2-1;
- Guiding your team trough their Scaling Up goals (performance);
- Taking ownership of the team's releases in collaboration with the product owner;
- Creating a trusting environment with quality interactions between the team members, and supporting them in achieving their objectives;
- Tackling obstacles that prevent the team from moving forward and making progress;
- Promoting self-organization and cross-functionality and coach the team to keep improving itself;
- Addressing and removing impediments that are beyond the reach of self-organization of the team toward its goals.
- Becoming better leaders
- Participating in weekly team of team leads (team-t) retrospective meetings (e.g. resolving conflicts, sharing best practices, etc.);
- Participating in Speakap's Leveling Up program for leaders.
Who you’ll be working with
Your work as a Team Lead has such a high impact on the individuals in your team and the quality and growth of our people and product. Being part of a successful team with developers asks more of someone than mere engineering skills and technical competences. Your leadership qualities, communication skills, teamwork spirit and decisiveness will make all the difference!
What do you offer?
2 years of experience in managing interdisciplinary SCRUM teams;
Experience in mentoring and coaching peers and/or directs;
Experience in conducting technical and team-fit interviews and having a track-record of hiring top talent;
Excellent communication skills in English.
What do we offer?
Competitive Salary & Stock Plan;
A workplace where the average satisfaction rate for the relationship with managers & relationship with colleagues is 8.5;
Opportunities for personal and professional development at our Speakap Academy (company training days & personal development budget);
Hybrid workplace; you work at our social hub (the office), your home office or abroad (max. 120 days per year);
The latest MacBook and a budget for setting up your home workplace;
Regular get-togethers and other fun team events;
A Headspace for Work account;
An international and open-minded team;
Plenty of room for your own ideas.