With over 100 employees we change how frontline and office workforces work together. We have high expectations, not only of our platform and it’s integrations, but also of the people we work with. We love working smart and having fun while building software people actually want to work with and helping our customers in making work and collaboration easier. This is what we did before at companies like Zalando, Atlassian and Heineken. No matter where you’re from, we hope you’ll bring and share your expertise and dedication. Together we’re Speakap.
Senior Android Engineer
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamTech
What you’ll do
Speakap on Android is used by tens of thousands of people every day – we need engineers who strive to deliver an app that’s both useful and enjoyable. Do you see yourself as a person who loves and owns the project they work on and wants to see it succeed? Then we need you!
Who you’ll be working with
You are part of our Android team. You will share knowledge and ideas within this team. On a daily basis you will work in on of our multidisciplinary feature teams.
What you bring to the table
You have a passion for the latest Android development technologies and your have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You have at least 5 years of software engineering experience, three of which in Android app development, preferably in a team environment.
Further you have;
- Know-how between "getting it right" and "getting it done."
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and programming languages.
- Extensive and recent:
- Understanding of Android framework components, lifecycles, UI design principles, best practices, managing state.
- Experience with event-driven programming, RxJava, Kotlin, concurrency, and DI.
- Understanding of modern Android architectural patterns.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the capabilities of Android API levels and ecosystem.
- Experience developing performant code and the ability to diagnose bottlenecks.
- Experience with Android software testing.
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team.
- Experience working closely in cross-functional teams and collaborating with product owners, designers, and developers in an Agile environment.
- Ability to maintain quality when confronted with time constraints.
Bonus points if you have
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Interest in building social media and chat apps.
Experience with automation, scripting, CI.
Knowledge of GraphQL.
A self-starter mentality.
A passion for contributing to open-source projects or the Android community.
Experience with web development, distributed systems, and parallel processing.
- Experienced, knowledgeable and friendly colleagues
- A pleasant and open work environment
- The chance to help build an exciting new communication platform
- Regular drinks, quality lunches, a foosball table and the latest MacBook
- Plenty of room for your own ideas
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
*Speakap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age, or disability. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.